The FRSC Driver’s license is only valid for about four years after which you would need to renew it in order to continue driving on Nigerian roads. Failure to do a renewal would lead to lots of embarrassment and troubles with law enforcement agents.
If you are renewing your driver’s license, you don’t need to complete driving testsunlike those applying for the first time. These are the steps you would be required to take.
- Visit the official website for driver’s license obtaining and renewal in Nigeria: nigeriadriverslicense.org.
- Click on ‘driver’s license renewal’ you would see a form where you would berequired to fill in your date of birth and your expired driver’s license number. Upon filling this form correctly, you would be able to access and fill the application form.
- Make payments for the license at any of the designated banks or via online payment platforms.
- Print your receipts and present your application form to the drivers licensing center.
- Go to the nearest road safety office to have your biometric data captured.
- Obtain the temporary license which is valid for only 60 days.
The official fee fordriver’s license renewal in Nigeria is N6, 000 but due to the ‘Nigerian factor’ it may cost you up to N12, 000 or N15, 000.